Sunday 25 March 2012

Fall in Love with Flats All Over Again

I know I'm always going on and on about all the latest clothing trends, but lest we forget about the piece de resistance for every great outfit, the all important footwear. Hot shoes can make or break an outfit. It can pull an ensemble all together, or obliterate whatever concept you've dreamt up in your overly creative head!   I hate to be a forgone conclusion, but I admittedly, like many fashion-wannabe's before me, have an insatiable shoe fetish. And of course, the majority of my shoe collection is made up of pumps, peep toes and stiletto's that I've worn no more than a handful of times and they're not shoes that are conducive to my everyday coming and goings. Sure, I'd love to think that I'm chic enough to pick-up my dry cleaning or strut down the frozen food section at the grocery store in my favourite Ralph Lauren platform pumps, but I'm no Carrie Bradshaw. Those babies are reserved for special occasions.

Thankfully for a sneaker-donning tomboy like myself who would love to make more of an effort to be fashionable and fabulous, flats are coming back with a vengeance and I couldn't be happier. Not only are flats a fabulously versatile footwear option, but if you're shopping in the right shops and boutiques, you're going to have hire yourself an executive assistant to help carry your shopping bags!

Okay, so first stop for shoe bargains, Payless Shoes! Whether I happen to be shopping in Canada or when I'm outlet shopping in the USA, this is generally my first stop for cute, affordable shoes. And despite it's reputation for being suspiciously "cheap", I have Payless shoes in my closet that are well over five years old!

H&M is another great stop for fab and affordable flats, especially if you're really into the pastel trend that's really hot right now. Their selection isn't as varied as a Payless of course, but what's convenient about shopping here, is that all of their shoes can easily be coordinated with anything you buy, and you know it's damn near impossible to leave H&M without buying an armful of goodies!

GoJane is another one of personal faves and with flats as low as $14, how the heck can you go wrong! Gojane is often featured in InStyle, Cosmo and Elle, and for all you budget-concious fashionistas lusting after the hottest shoes, completing your collection at GoJane couldn't be easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment